13/9/10

I've seen it all

I've seen it all.

I have seen the trees.

I have seen the willow leaves

dancing in the breese.

I´ve seen a man killed

by his best friend,

and lives that were over

before they were spent .

I've seen what I was

and I know what I´ll be.

I've seen it all,

There is no more to see.

You haven't seen elephants,

Kings or Peru.

I'm happy to say

I had better things to do.

What about China?

Have you seen the Great Wall?

All walls are great if the roof doesn't fall.

And the man you will marry,

the home you will share?

To be honest

I really don't care.

You've never been

to the Niagara Falls.

I have seen water,

it's water, that's all.

The Eiffel Tower,

the Empire State?

My pulse was as high

on my very first date.

And your grandson's hand

as he plays with your hair?

To be honest

I really don't care.

I've seen it all.

I've seen the dark.

I've seen the brightness

in one little spark.

I've seen what I chose

and I've seen what I need,

and that's enough,

to want more would be greed.

I've seen what I was

and I know what I'll be.

I've seen it all,

there is no more to see.

You've seen it all

and all you have seen

You can always review on

your own little screen.

The light and the dark,

the big and the small.

Just keep in mind

you need no more at all.

You've seen what you were

and you know what you'll be.

You've seen it all.

There is no more to see.

No hay comentarios: